Welcome to SunMark
Our story begins in the times of Bing Crosby and Bob Hope. R.D. Buchan, a businessman and farmer, had been unhappy with the only bank in town. He saw an opportunity to serve other businesses and farmers. In 1949 Mr. Buchan founded The Pulaski Banking Company in Hawkinsville, Georgia.
The bank began to flourish in 1960 when the area’s first drive-thru window was introduced at The Pulaski Banking Company. A teller named Jeannette Ford ran that window and eventually became bank president. Mrs. Ford was only the second female in Georgia to hold that title. In 1977 the bank progressed from a traditional columned building to a sleek, modern headquarters. Two decades later, the bank reinforced its focus on the community by changing its name to SunMark Community Bank.
In 1995 SunMark set its course on an expansion that began in Warner Robins, Georgia. SunMark has continued to expand with a mortgage department in Warner Robins and branches in Bonaire, Fort Valley, Perry, and Byron. SunMark has been serving its community better than any other since 1949. We will continue to be dedicated as an active supporter of our community and strive for the best.